dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #762

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 18:45:49 EST 2003

> The best part was that she 'acknowledged' my origination by writing 'I got
> the idea for this on some webpage I don't remember where.' She felt this was
> a sufficient sop that I had no right to be indignant at her flagrant
> story-pinching.

Well, there you have it. If you want your story ideas written properly, it's
up to you to do it yourself. (Of course now with the release of Phoenix and
the actual terms of the bloody prophecy, it wouldn't matter a twitch whether the
child was Harry or Harriet.)

And, yes, there are hundreds of Harry/Harriet stories out there, mostly
unfinished, mostly awful. It's the kind of exploration which is irresistable to the
middle school set.