Stew (see scurvy)

Tue Dec 16 11:58:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:49:20 +0000, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>>Can't she just take it as a thoughtful attempt to avoid giving her a
>>frying-pan she wouldn't like?
>
>She'd like a frying pan to replace the one that's breaking up, but the
>essential tools of the household are *not* dashitall suitable Christmas
>presents for one individual!

My mommy gave me a whole set of cookware last Christmas, and it was a good
gift because a) I really needed it, b) I would never have bought it for
myself, and c) it was a very nice set.  So I didn't think of it as essential
household tools.  Because otherwise I also do not think that essential
household tools are right for Christmas.  Maybe if I were the kind of
domestic person who likes cooking and salivates over specific frying
pans...but no.

Now, if someone gave me a chef for Christmas....

Melissa Proffitt