Stew (see scurvy)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 03:37:42 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Thinking of the frying pan as an emergency weapon, what is the
> correct response from a woman to her husband getting her a
> replacement frying-pan *that she has to go and buy for herself* for
> a Christmas present?  Would the group feel that hitting him sharply
> with the old one (Le Creuset, 10lb of cast iron) would be
> justifiable homicide, or would that be contrary to the Spirit of
> Christmas?

Can't she just take it as a thoughtful attempt to avoid giving her a
frying-pan she wouldn't like?

Socks are socks, but to some people it *matters* whether a frying-pan
is a 10lb cast iron Le Creuset or a budget aluminium job from Woolies.
I myself am not such a person, but I can understand the desire not to
be hit sharply by someone who is.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."