Stew (see scurvy)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 15 14:53:45 EST 2003

> Modern cooking times can be misleading. I had an old
> cook book at school which said to boil an egg for 30
> minutes, so obviously things Took Longer to Cook in
> the olden days.

Well, when I'm cooking 3-5 dozen eggs in one pot, it does take about 30
minutes. :)

>A decent stew should have a couple of
> hours anyway.

Sure. I think most of what is called 'stew' in fantasy is probably a thin
soup, which exists for the purpose of cooking the meat, parboiling the
greens and rehydrating any dried veggies.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I desire nothing more earnestly than that my work be a stepping-block
which others may mount to glimpse a farther horizon."