Stew (see scurvy)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 15 10:00:31 EST 2003

> >I don't mind the cases where by the time the latrine is dug and the horses
> >dealt with, the meat stew is cooked, especially if it is rabbit; there's
> >not much meat on a rabbit.
>
> That's true, but to my taste at least it's really nasty when it's underdone.

I tend to estimate that it takes about an hour to dig the latrine, settle
the horses, set the wards, etc. and the usual setting-up-camp things. If
you've hacked up the silly lagomorph before boiling him, that doesn't
sound unreasonable- but maybe I'm misled by modern cooking times? Now, if
you're roasting him, it should take longer and
you'd need a bed of coals.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I desire nothing more earnestly than that my work be a stepping-block
which others may mount to glimpse a farther horizon."