Stew (see scurvy)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 15 09:11:31 EST 2003

> Minnow wrote:
> > A question: is any of the stew vegetarian or vegan?
> > Or is rabbit or just "meat" obligatory?

Well, Beorn serves vegetarian stew to Frodo and the dwarves... and I think
in various books sometimes vegetarian stews show up when the stew-making
character is vegetarian.

However, even the dullest author has to admit that bean or pea soup would
take much longer to cook than the obligatory rabbit.

I don't mind the cases where by the time the latrine is dug and the horses
dealt with, the meat stew is cooked, especially if it is rabbit; there's
not much meat on a rabbit.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I desire nothing more earnestly than that my work be a stepping-block
which others may mount to glimpse a farther horizon."