Stew (see scurvy)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 06:47:59 EST 2003

Minnow wrote:
> Do waffles have to have butter and syrup, or could they be
> used as a sort of superior alternative to dumplings, and
> eaten as an accompaniment to Instant Stew?  Is there a
> Savoury Waffle?

Those frozen potato waffles seem to be used like fried bread, as a base for bacon, etc, so I don't see why real ones couldn't be.

> And how heavy is a waffle-iron, in case one has to consider
> transporting one across the Trackless Waste?

They're quite heavy, even in aluminium. You could take the view that they are both cooking implement and emergency weapon, but I think settling for pancakes might be easier, as non-stick frying pans seem to be a regular feature.
Jennifer