Stew (see scurvy)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Dec 14 18:20:26 EST 2003

The Knowledge Pika wrote:

>Ok, has anyone read Elizabeth Ann Scarborough's _Song of Sorcery_ in which
>instant stews were the norm as the heroine's gifts were all housewifely,
>and she could, thus, speed up the cooking of anything. ;)

If that's the one that is based on "Gone with the Raggle-Taggle Gypsies-O"
being a true(ish) account of an event, and starts with an unfortunate bard
being very harshly treated for singing that song in the house of the girl
who *did* run away with the gypsies, then I did, but about twenty years
ago, I'd guess, and I'd completely forgotten an Accelerated Stew aspect in
it.  (If it isn't, which book *is* based etc, someone, please?)

Should I re-read, if I can find a copy?  Does it stand the test of time, as
it were?  There's a small bunch of semi-sequels or books set in the same
world, too?

Minnow