"Believe Nothing"

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Dec 14 16:53:35 EST 2003

Jon commented:

>--- Otter Perry <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com>   My
>degree is in hair-splitting, incidentally.]
>
>There has been TV comedy series (Rik Mayall's "Believe
>Nothing") in which one of the characters is Professor
>of Pedantics, in early episodes she often pulled
>people up over minor technicalities. I thought that
>would be a wonderful degree to do.

It would involve very great care making sure one hadn't
simply misread something, though.  So embarrassing if,
as a graduate in Pure or even Applied Pedantics, one
discovered that one were pulling someone up over some-
thing they hadn't actually written or said at all, but
which one had merely assumed they had written or said.

Too too terribly shame-making, daaa-aahlings...

Hair-splitting is probably a safer discipline.

Minnow