reviews (but not of MC)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Dec 12 21:02:19 EST 2003

Deborah concurred with

>On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Sally Odgers wrote:
>|was almost the _only_
>|> thing I liked about Donaldson's Thomas Covenant books)
>|I think of them as decreation fantasies.... ick.
>
>Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Double ick.

"decreation" fantasies is lovely for the double play on words, too.

At risk of starting up another LotR argument, somebody once described those
books to me as "Lord of the Rings, but from Gollum's point of view", which
may not be a very good parallel but did seem to me to have the right *feel*
to it.  I was half-way through the second book at the time, I think, and I
didn't ever actually finish it.  Or if I did I have mercifully blanked it
from my memory.

Minnow