LotR (was Re: reviews (but not of MC))

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Dec 12 15:25:05 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:19:45 -0000, Charles Butler wrote:
|
|>Deborah:
|>>Charlie isn't going to be convinced
|>> not to waffle.  ;)
|>
|>By 'waffle' you presumably mean 'fearlessly face the irreducible complexity
|>of the issues involved', right? ;-)

Er...

|It means "stand still while we drench him in maple syrup and butter."
|Naturally.

Right!  Mmm, butter.

(for the record, I do believe that author's intent is interesting and
important for some type of readings; just not the types I do.  Because
all I care about is My Own Opinion, and the opinions of those who agree
with me, duh.  And about waffles.  And butter.  And syrup.)

-deborah
--
"I don't want to know what the structuralists think!  I want to
know what you think!"  -- Archer's Goon, Diana Wynne Jones