once, but no longer reviews

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 14:35:48 EST 2003

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 02:15:00 +1100, Sally Odgers
> wrote:
>
> >Just as it really annoyed my kids when they said "I
> haven't got anything to
> >do-o-o-o," and I said ;"You can clean the fridge,
> scrub the bath or weed the
> >garden."
> >
> >They soon learned to qualify that plaint. "I
> haven;t got anything FUN to
> >do-o-o-o."
>
> I was hoping the kids would stop asking me for stuff
> to do altogether if I
> took this approach.  They just roll their eyes at
> me.  Sometimes I think
> they are channeling their teenage selves.

They do eventually leave home - unfortunately they
also come back again, which wouldn't be quite so bad
if my daughter wasn't almost as good at Not Putting
Things Away And Then Blaming Others* When They Can't
Be Found as my wife.
* Others in this context seems to invariably mean me
even if it was clearly the dog.
Still I'm nowehere in the league of my of my Clerical
aides who's daughter moved back home 32 times, so far
I've had both daughters leave once and only one has
returned.

Jon