reviews (but not of MC)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 11 09:00:37 EST 2003

> |was almost the _only_
> |> thing I liked about Donaldson's Thomas Covenant books)
> |
> |I think of them as decreation fantasies.... ick.
>
> Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Double ick.

On the other hand, there's always _Mirror of Her Dreams_ and _A Man Rides
Through_ which are so bloody irritating because the heroine won't do
anything not because she doesn't believe the world is real, but because
she doesn't believe she is 'real' and can't believe she could have an
effect on the world. (Among the few books I liked and wanted to throw
against the wall at the same time.)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_