Joan Aiken

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 10 16:16:37 EST 2003

> <swims round in a small circle chanting "I was, I was, I was, I was," and
> eventually gets dizzy and bangs against a rock>
>
> <lies stunned in waterweed>

*grin*

> On regaining consciousness: in answer to the first question, yes, I can see
> a similarity between the Armitage stories and DWJ's work.  Am I meant now
> to say what I think it is, or should I leave a large spoiler space, or
> what?

Well, if you've got a more coherent idea what it is than my vague
impression, I'd love to hear it. I just know that I keep thinking the
Armitage books are by DWJ or conversely that Stopping for a Spell is by
Aiken until I stop and think about it.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_