Nyronds (was Re: review of Merlin Conspiracy)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Dec 10 08:46:13 EST 2003

Sallyo probed:

>> (Frod is a euphemism.  Its origin I don't know: possibly among the
>Nyronds.
>
>What's a Nyrond, then?

That's a very good question.  The Nyrond are a species who may or may not
have destroyed their own universe when they broke through into this one in
their Mother Ship, and who have had a bit of a guilty conscience about this
ever since.  Or to put it another way they are all stark raving mad.
Interstellar traders, usually about half a jump ahead of the law
enforcement agencies of whichever planet they last made landfall on, they
roam the galaxy feeling obscurely to blame for things in general (or in the
case of some of them, guilty for very good reasons about specifics).  Do
not ever buy a used planet from a Nyrond.

Roger has posted a website, I see.  Does it mention that Zander Nyrond also
does musical stuff? [silly question, this is a Nyrond, that's sure to be
for sale]  His early filk tape, *The Filk of Human Kindness*, has some
excellent tracks; and Pat Brown's cover version of his "Sam's Song" on her
tape *Windsinger*, is just purely beautiful.

obDWJ, she knows and likes the Nyrond she knows and likes.  Name witheld to
protect the guilty.  (If he isn't guilty, he almost certainly is, and if
nothing else, the white sand at the bottom of the Anything-But-Drawer needs
some explaining some time by somebody.)

Minnow