Another Antonia Forest obit

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 07:48:29 EST 2003

This one's by Julia Eccleshare in the Guardian and reveals Forest's real name (a closely-guarded secret till now, it seems). It's.... Patricia Giulia Caulfield Kate Rubinstein.
Read more at http://www.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/story/0,3604,1102784,00.html

Charlie

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:06:50 -0800 (PST), Jon Noble wrote:

> >The Merlin Conspiracy (Collins) will please the hordes
> >of Diana Wynne Jones fans. For everyone else, expect
> >interdimensional travel, strong magic, memorable
> >characters and dynamic plotting crafted by a born
> >storyteller.
>
> That's a more positive accolade than I would have expected from a paragraph
> that began with "hordes of DWJ fans." :) Very cool.
>
> I have been tinkering with my book database, adding awards and nominations,
> and was surprised at how many DWJ titles had come up for the Mythopoeic
> award. Granted, I know very little about it, so I probably shouldn't have
> been surprised--and certainly the quality of her work is such that it
> deserves recognition--but I think it made me realize that I still expect to
> be in an elite minority when it comes to appreciating DWJ. As if nobody but
> us chickens here reads her stuff....
>
> Melissa Proffitt
>
> --

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime