chick-lit that's not bad

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 8 20:29:58 EST 2003

I'd also had Jennifer Cruisie recommended to me, but disliked the first one I tried (I think it
was "Tell me lies"). It seemed fairly run-of-the-mill romance to me. However, I just read "Faking
it" and thought it was much funnier and unusual. Definitely a Guilty Pleasure.

Another chick-lit (although I must say I know men that read this genre) author I thought was
funny was Laurie Levine. I've read only one book by her (I think it's her first) called "This pen
for hire" - I was laughing aloud in parts, which is never a bad sign. A good book for when
everything else in your life is serious and gloomy!

Quoting Devra at aol.com: