that there Greek stuff

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 18:22:00 EST 2003

Devra
     Yes, please do translate (so to speak) for those of us with 'small Latin and less Greek' -- I did STUDY Latin in college (for all the good it ever did me..._
  Kale's wikepedia entry says it all:

  http://www.suberic.net/cgi-bin/dwj/wiki.cgi?The_Ogre_Downstairs_(Spoilers)
  Except someone needs to add a footnote about Cadmus I suppose.

  The whole device is strangely post-modern, isn't it? After all, the children apparently hear the motorcyclists speaking Greek (or something that sounds like Greek), while we the readers *see* something that looks like Greek but 'hear' English.
  Charlie