Improving with Practice

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sun Dec 7 15:39:05 EST 2003

Sallyo said...

> > Oh, indeed.  Much gratitude there.  And after all, her writing may have
> > improved with practice.  This often happens.
>
> And glad I am to find someone who admits it! With just about any other
skill
> most people would agree with you (and me), but if you write too much you
get
> branded with "prolific".

Heh.  Note I did say "often", not "always". :-)  Some writers seem to become
careless as they go on.

At least writing is a skill that does not entail the practitioner's making
awful noises as he or she practices it.  (Well, not usually.)  Unlike, say,
violin practice; I always wince over Howard and his violin in "Archer's
Goon".  He is obviously inflicting perfectly frightful noises on the rest of
the family.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole