Another topic

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Dec 5 10:13:37 EST 2003

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 08:32 PM, deborah wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Sally Odgers wrote:
>

> |> Are there other examples, not counting ones about hermaphrodytes or
> or
> |> transsexuals
> |
> |Well, obviously, these people are "SHe". That's inclusive of She and
> He.
>
> Or we could just use "zhir".  Which means well, but sounds ... pretty
> dorky.

Only because we're not used to it.

I was in an on-line group a million years ago that used the word 'pern'
for
this pronoun.  This was itself a joke, not 'person' because it included
'son'.
[No relation to anything by the McCaffrey person.]

Anyway, 'pern' has many advantages.  It scans the same as 'man' and so
is very easily substituted in hymns and poems and so on.  And words.
You get things like 'swordspernship' and, one of my personal faves and
definitely dating, a computer game called PacPern.  And there was the
Sony WalkPern and so on.

We used it for quite a while in my household.  Very, very handy.