Another topic

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 05:23:33 EST 2003

Kyla:

> Perhaps it's sort of like how I read all gibberish backwards, in case it's
> clever gibberish. This is why the Mirror of Erised in Harry Potter was not
> a surprise to me as it was to Harry.

Ever read the Introduction to Walter de la Mare's anthology *Come Hither*,
with its story of Nahum Tarune's adventures in the house of Thrae? It's
great, but I've a feeling you'd see through the allegory a tad too soon.

Hey - you don't suppose Harry is really short for Harriet? That *would* be a
twist for the final book - and
explain why he seems so drawn to the girls' toilets in *The Chamber of
Secrets*.

Charlie (now getting on with his work - promise)

"When I was younger I used to feel I was a man trapped in a woman's body.
Then my mother gave birth to me, and the problem sorted itself out."