Identity criseses? #2

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 5 03:01:36 EST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 01:42, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Irina wrote:
> >>
> >> It's possible that the Walton in question was a who, not a where.
> >
> >Ah! But it was in 1985, and given the circumstances I don't think
> > so.
>
> There are at least thirty place-Waltons as well as the person of that
> surname whom it might have been, and whoever said it might have meant
> any one of them, so it wasn't a very helpful definition.  Who did say
> it?  That might give a hint.  I mean, if whoeveritwas came from
> Ipswich then Walton on the Naze, being just west of *there*, might be
> the one.  :-)

It was a small woman from Plymouth at a Star Trek convention in
Liverpool in 1984 or 1985 (the only con I've ever been to) whose name I
remember as Carole, though it's likely to be something entirely
different, seeing that I misremembered 'Walton' - it was 'Watford'.
Probably Watford, Herts., and there's rather a lot west of there.

I was probably subconsciously thinking of Jo Walton after all when my
fingers typed it. (Who is west of Watford, seeing that she's currently
living in Canada)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 18-Nov-2003