Identity criseses? #2

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 19:42:45 EST 2003

Irina wrote:

>On Friday 05 December 2003 01:16, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
>> Irina wrote:
>> >I've met her, and she isn't. I've heard her called "the greatest
>> > thing west of Walton", though; not knowing where Walton is I don't
>> > know what to make of that.
>> It's possible that the Walton in question was a who, not a where.
>Ah! But it was in 1985, and given the circumstances I don't think so.

There are at least thirty place-Waltons as well as the person of that
surname whom it might have been, and whoever said it might have meant any
one of them, so it wasn't a very helpful definition.  Who did say it?  That
might give a hint.  I mean, if whoeveritwas came from Ipswich then Walton
on the Naze, being just west of *there*, might be the one.  :-)

Minnow