Witch^Wwhich sister? (was dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #757)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 10:53:45 EST 2003

The Knowledge Pika remarked:

>What an excellent description of the effect! I plowed through Marion
>Zimmer Bradley's [blanking on title- something about Avalon-- the
>Arthurian one] with extreme effort, because I found by 1/3 of the way
>through that I disliked everyone in the book, and felt that most of them--
>especially the pagan priestesses one was supposed to admire-- might have
>been better drowned at birth.

Is that the one with Morgan and Morgause the other way round from the way I
expected, with Morgause being Queen of Orkney, by any chance?  Maybe it was
that I got them muddled because I really didn't care what happened to
either of them... except hoping it would happen soon and with boiling oil
in it....

no, I wasn't favourably impressed by that one either.  Um, *Mists of
Avalon*?  Something that just drifted away from me and went hazy in minutes
after I had finished it, anyhow.

Minnow