(need for) Another topic

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Dec 3 09:23:32 EST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Emma Comerford wrote:
|My pet peeve at the moment is having neighbours that buy houses with trees and then but
|them down so they're just like the hundreds of other houses they could have bought without
|trees. One neighbour bought a bushy block, cut down some beautifuk old gums (they didn't like
|the leaves being dropped) and then sold the house altogether to move somewhere with "lots
|of lawn and no trees". Why couldn't they decide on this *before* cutting the trees down? And
|who wouldn't notice that every bush block in our area is covered with leaves rather than law?
|Sigh. And another new neighbour has become convinced of the evils of mature trees and looks
|set to do the same.

When my parents moved out of their beautiful old Victorian in the early
'90s, the people who bought the house:

1. Cut down the gorgeous rose hedge that had spent our ten years of
ownership growing through the fence on the corner lot.

2.  Painted the house Beige

-deborah
--
"I assume that some great catastrophe has occured that would
require us to sit upon a weeping lady?"