Another topic (was Re: Identifying with characters)

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue Dec 2 11:19:18 EST 2003

And "Aliens" is as good as "Alien" (although a very different film)

And "Empire Strikes Back" is a much more mature and interesting film
than "Star Wars"

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" is better than the first two.

"The Subtle Knife" (Pullman) is as good as "The Golden Compass/Northern
Lights" (although these were conceived as part 1 and 2 of a larger
work, so I'm not sure "Knife" counts as a sequel)