Another topic

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Dec 2 09:21:34 EST 2003

Sallyo wrote:

>*** BTW, how do you feel about using "who" with "character"? It probably
>should be "that"... but that sounds stilted.

If it would be possible to put a "which" instead of a "that" by changing
the sentence round a bit, does that make a difference?  I mean, I can't
off-hand think of a sentence in which I could use "which" for an individual
person instead of "whom", even if the person is a spaceship or a brave
little toaster or something not usually regarded as self-aware.

Minnow