Cover art

Belben, Philip ( Generation ) Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 04:53:16 EST 2003

Minnow voted:

> I'd still rate "all four Dalemark books as a paperback set" highest,
just
> for that panorama, but I think these are second on my list now.  And
I'd
> have trouble deciding which of them is better.

My favourites are all covers that appear on first editions.

Top is still Eight Days of Luke, with the snakes weaving in and out of
the universe, and the brick walls in reverse perspective.

I can also second my Mama's nomination of the first edition Spellcoats,
although I think the writing on the coats in that picture looks too much
like Egyptian hieroglyphs.

After that, probably Year of the Griffin (the Gollancz edition, not the
Greenwillow).  And Hexwood, although the dragon's head is subtly wrong
for me.

Finally, I think the idea behind the cover of Changeover is quite neat.

I see what you mean about the uniform paperback edition of the Dalemark
books, but I find the trees too big, and the cart an impractical shape.
(And would it really have had solid wheels?)  I do however like those
much better than the original cover on Drowned Ammet (which is the one
I've got, alas).

So, who's next?

by those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is
Prohibited.

Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the

Registered addresses:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.