Spelling with a c or an s (was Re: A College of Magics)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Aug 29 14:29:35 EDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Robyn Starkey wrote:
|This is exactly the point. I would argue, that there is a clear difference
|in meaning between the Star Trek classic "to boldly go" and the more
|'correct' "to go boldly".

Exactly.  Which is why it's important to teach that they're different,
and you usually want the latter.  Most writing style rules are that way;
you can break them, but you have to understand them.

-deborah
--
"I'm a citizen, this is my president, and in this country it is
not only permissible to question our leaders, it is our