Spelling with a c or an s (was Re: A College of Magics)

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 06:50:44 EDT 2003

Caroline

 Does anyone know of a website which gives good
> explanations of grammatical terms?

The best I've seen is at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/internet-grammar/home.htm. You
need Javascript though. It's produced by University College London, and
seems to have some family connection with Randolph Quirk's *University
Grammar of English* on which I was weened in the early 1980s (so I'm
probably biased). It says that it's only generally available to non-academic
users for a limited period, but it seems to be available at the moment,
anyway.

Charlie