Spelling with a c or an s (was Re: A College of Magics)

Caroline Mills carrie at pitofdespair.org
Fri Aug 29 06:07:20 EDT 2003

I am ashamed to admit that, thanks to the state of the education system
today* and the fact that I dropped English as soon as possible (16), I
am not very good with grammar.  More accurately, I think my usage of the
english language is generally fine, but I'm not very hot on the
terminology.  Does anyone know of a website which gives good
explanations of grammatical terms?

* I actually think I got a pretty damn good education from the English
state school system, but it does have occasional holes.  The only
grammar I remember learning formally was in French and German.  For
reference, I was in the school system from 1984 to 1998.

Caroline