A College of Magics

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Aug 20 18:14:00 EDT 2003

Robyn Starkey pleaded for help, and Irina beat me to posting the passage
by about two minutes, but I still want to ask the question it raised in
my mind whilst I was typing it in.

"When you leave Greenlaw College, you may or may not be able
to practice magic...."

In English I would spell this 'practise', it being a verb.  I don't know
whether the distinction exists in American but I would have thought it
would be useful for it to be made in either language; is the spelling in
the book a typo, or is it correct the other way about in American, as
sometimes happens?

Minnow