OT: Steven Brust

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Aug 20 12:32:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Robyn Starkey wrote:
|I love the Vlad Taltos books, and I think the style and tone of them is
|brilliant, so it's not like I think Brust is not a good writer at the
|sentence level. I even enjoyed Freedom and Necessity, which he wrote with
|Emma Bull, and it is kind of fake 19th century style.

Funny, how we like the same authors for different things.  Freedom &
Necessity is one of my favorite books in all the world, and I like
Phoenix Guards more than the early Taltos books.  Heh.

-deborah
--
I'm not a roman, mum, and I never will be. I'm a kike, a yid, a
heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher, mum. I'm a red sea pedestrian, and