OT: Steven Brust

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Aug 18 15:32:16 EDT 2003

Widdy:

>I'm still working my way through Phoenix Guards. And I do mean
>"working." It's quite a switch from Brust's usual style. Yes, I know
>that he's emulating the style of Dumas in The Three Musketeers. I'm
>still finding it a little touch to get through. Perhaps I need to
>read longer chunks than I've been able to do so far.
>
>Is the payoff worth the work?

I might not be the best person to volunteer an opinion, but on the
other hand, can maybe relate to the feeling of it being hard work
better than others who have more worthwhile ones. :-)  I read _The
Phoenix Guards_ a few years ago - still not sure why I bothered to
finish it - and not having read any other Brust it almost put me off
him for life.

  I've just finished _Orca_ and am happily reading  _Dragon_ atm.

Hallie.