OT: Steven Brust

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Mon Aug 18 09:03:32 EDT 2003

I haven't read The Lord of Castle Black yet.

I'm still working my way through Phoenix Guards. And I do mean
"working." It's quite a switch from Brust's usual style. Yes, I know
that he's emulating the style of Dumas in The Three Musketeers. I'm
still finding it a little touch to get through. Perhaps I need to
read longer chunks than I've been able to do so far.

Is the payoff worth the work?

widdy

>As I know there are some Brust Fans on the list...
>
>Has anyone already read the newest book, "The Lord of Castle Black" (or is
>planning to do so soon)?
>
>I've just seen that it is out now - an since I've got this weakness for
>Morollan, I've considered investing in a hardcover (you know that "I think I
>can't wait" feeling...) But as I am - unfortunately - not rich, I
>thought I'd ask
>for opinions before I do that. I've so far only read Phoenix Guards and 500
>years after, so I'd have to read the next installment to - but that's out in
>paperback, I think. (I wanted to wait for all last three books to come out
>before continuing...)
>
>Bettina
>
>--
>COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test

Fairy tales are not true--fairy tales are important, and they are not
true, they are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons
exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated.
G.K. Chesterton

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net