extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 05:29:05 EDT 2003

Melissa:
> Besides, now I feel compelled to refuse utterly ever to play or understand
> the game. In fact, if I'm ever in London, and I have to take the
underground
> anywhere, I shall put my finger in my ears, close my eyes, and go
> "lalalalala" so as not to inadvertently see the names of the stations.
And
> then I will fall off the platform and die horribly, and no one will ever
> know why....

I remember that on one edition of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue they played the
American version of Mornington Crescent - it was called 'Madison and 57th',
or something like that - but then NYC is still probably further from you
than London is from Irina (I don't have an atlas and ruler handy)....

But - to irritate you further - why Mornington Crescent? My theory is that
it's because it is (or was) a station that underground trains often pass
through without stopping (a rarity on the London tube), so that to 'arrive'
at it requires a rare degree of ingenuity. For this reason it was something
of a joke station, long before ISIHAC.

Not being a Londoner I don't know if this is still the case, but perhaps
someone else does.

Charlie