Child's Lit Class - DWJ

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 6 23:07:03 EDT 2003

Speaking of kid's lit classes, I am doing a Literature in Secondary Schools
course, looking at YA fiction.
We're being given homework to read a book a week!
I intend to do something for one of my assignments on fantasy, including
DWJ.
Could I please tag along with Elizabeth and ask for permission to use posts?
It's a good discussion, looking about what facets you like best.
And I think Jon nailed it about Unexpectedness. It sort of clinches a lot of
what I rabbled on about in my long post the other week. Anyway, in class we
were just talking about transition(?) (predicting, revising, etc as you
read), and DWJ came strongly to mind too. So I agree.
:)
Aimee.