Dating Chrestomanci/Caprona

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:51:35 EDT 2003

Delurking this time because I'm at work, so writing to the list is more
fun.

I'm quite confident that in my copy of _Witch Week_ the journal entries
that the students write are all dated, in October and November of (I
think) 1980.  I remember this because it was always slightly discouraging
to think that the book had taken place before I was born, but,
simultaneously, it had only just missed ;-).  When exactly WW takes
place in relationship to _Charmed Life_ is an open question, but
Chrestomanci still speaks of Janet as his "ward" in it, which I suspect he
wouldn't do if it took place sufficiently long after for Janet to be grown
up.  So I always assumed exactly what Paul did.

I think I have these books far too well-memorized.  Creeping
antimacassars!  Creeping antimacassars!

						---Kyra

---
"Day is as light as your brightest dream.  Night is as dark as you feel it
ought to be.  Time is as fast as the slowest thing."

			---Ray Davies (the Kinks), "Wonderboy"