extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Mon Aug 4 16:11:33 EDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:53:38 +0100, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
>>(My grouchy mood is from dealing with insurance companies over a piddling
>>sum.  Don't mind me.)
>
>Have comfort: the sum I was having to deal with an insurance company
>about was a piddling one until they started dragging their heels.  They
>don't seem to have noticed that the *other* insurance company has
>committed them to giving me a courtesy car, and it is costing them 45
>quid a day to mess me about for no reason.
>
>So far the bill they'll have to pay in the end is in excess of two grand
>more than it would have been if they hadn't messed me about in the first
>place.  And every day they go on being stupid the bill rises.
>
>Is vicarious revenge any help?

It is extremely satisfying, yes.  I was thinking of stinkbombs, myself, but
would they even notice?  :)

The insurance company's representatives are actually quite nice.  It's the
doctor and lab who seem incapable of billing the correct company, including
the correct information on said bill, and having record-keeping practices
that would make the old Byzantines start taking notes.  The worst part is
that after wrangling all of this out, I will still be out of pocket for the
entire sum--a deductible to a company I am no longer insured by.

I could have bought books with that.

Melissa Proffitt
(trying to put things in order before vacation)