DWJ resurgence

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Mon Aug 4 07:17:46 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:50:43PM -0600, Elizabeth Crowe wrote:
>I was responding to DWJ's personal experience as a child who felt
>unwanted rather than nurtured by her parents.  I'm assuming that the
>numbers of children who are victims of neglect and abuse are on the rise.

I don't quite understand you here. Surely neglect and abuse are at
opposite ends of the "amount of attention given" spectrum? So, to which
of them is the "common theme of children left to their own devices"
"applicable"? Does "applicable" mean that they will say "aha, this is
relevant to me in my situation" or that they will say "gosh, if only
things could be like that"?

Puzzled Roger