The Perfect Howl candidate

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Sun Aug 3 13:47:29 EDT 2003

Aimee wrote:
>I found the perfect actor to play Howl, if, as someone once
>suggested, a live-action howl ever came about.
>Richard E. Grant.

The name sounds familiar, although I can't picture a face.  I will have to
check out the movie you suggested.

I've often wondered if the actor who played Spike on Buffy, James
Marsters, would make a good Howl.

I had a find at the public library yesterday: Tanya Huff's _Long Hot
Summoning_, the third in the series.  I really enjoyed the first one,
liked the second much less, so I am hoping for the best with the third.
I also picked up a new book by Margaret Mahy called _Alchemy_.  Has anyone
read this one?

 Laurie