extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Sun Aug 3 08:22:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:26:38PM -0600, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>My game of choice back in high school was Fizzbin.

I thought for a moment you were talking about Fizz-Buzz, as described by
Langford:

  Pale, strained faces ringed the table, soddenly trying to follow a
  count which began not 1 2 3 4 for "Clang Pow!" "Clang Zap!" "Oink
  Clang!" "Pow Zap!" [...] And it was a supreme moment of triumph if,
  swaying and incapable, we successfully galloped into the straight
  with "Oink Buzz!" "Burp!" "Clang!" "Oink!" "Fizz Pow!"... and, at
  last, the first number in our counting system which came through in
  clear. "Twenty-six!"

  I have never quite worked out what the other pub regulars thought of
  us, but they used to look worried.

Roger