extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Sun Aug 3 01:02:17 EDT 2003

You never played Bartok??  You missed out!  It is a good game.

You missed several vital rules:

1.  All players start with 7 cards.
2.  The first player to put down a card who is sitting next to the dealer determines the direction of play
3.  Cards are played in Uno fashion (play suit on suit, number on number.)
4.  If you have one card left you must say "Bartok!"
5.  The first player to dispose of all cards is the winner.
6.  The winner gets to make up a new rule (this would be why you never understood the rules, Paul :)
7.  If you make a mistake you get a card.
8.  If you are too slow to play you get a card.
9.  If you forget to say Bartok you get five cards.

At the end of a midnight to dawn session there are an awful lot of rules!!

And I remember the unspecting person scenario well...

A person would walk up and say "What are you playing?"

They asked a question so they got a card.  Then they would get five more cards for not saying Bartok.  They they would ask why they were getting given cards and get another card.  By that stage play would be at them and they would get a card for wasting time.  Having no idea of the rules any card they put down was bound to be a mistake....

Yes, it was certainly best not to ask.....

Kylie