The side effects of being a DWJ fan. . ..

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Aug 2 09:01:15 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Aimee Smith wrote:

> Measuring people you see, know or pass by, against the cast list
> of DWJ novels: "I wonder if they could play..."
-snip-

> On the first note, did anyone see the BBC production of Our Mutual
> Friend?

The recent one, with Paul McGann as Eugene Wrayburn? Oh, yes.

> the guy who played Eugene Rayburn could be whassisname who
> escorted the young Christopher Chant on the smuggling missions,
> and John Rokesmith's actor could play someone too...

Interesting thought. I'll have to watch it again with that in mind.
( The things I put up with for my DWJ fandom. :P )

Actually, I don't think I do the mental casting thing very often, for
DWJ's characters or for anyone else's. My mind doesn't seem to work
that way.

(Mind you, my mental shortlist of actors who could play Aziraphale in
_Good Omens_ is exactly one name long, and that's at least partly due
to noticing his performance in something else and going "You know,
*he* could do Aziraphale...")

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."