weird question about DWJ fans, LJ, and slashers

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 06:10:17 EDT 2003

Are there really so many? I hadn't noticed.

Personally, I'm a blogger and a part-time slasher (meaning I write anything
and sometimes slash is it), but while I can think of several DWJ slash
pairings that might work, I couldn't write them for the life of me. I can't
even write *non*-slash DWJ fic. She's too good.

But I think you might be onto something when you say it has something to do
with "the desire to play around with text and canon". That's what DWJ does
in most of her books after all - think of "The Dark Lord of Derkholm".
Perhaps DWJ fans are more likely to go, "So, if this story was taken in
*that* direction instead of the current one, what would happen?" For some,
that question might lead into slash, for others, it might lead to something
entirely different.

Katta

http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj

Don't condemn. Don't give in. Reason.