extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Fri Aug 1 19:26:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:10:24 +0100, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>Ven wrote:
>>
>>>Mornington Crescent?  Bah! Its just like
>>>Grittling and you are all a bunch of Hildys!
>
>and Melissa added
>
>>Amen!  And more Bah!
>
>Since it is quite literally a game *anyone* can play (if they can read and
>write, or speak, which anybody on this list surely can?) I don't think one
>can really equate Mornington Crescent with the esoteric and exclusionist
>grittling.

Anyone who, um, lives in the UK and has access to a London tube map.  Or who
recognizes what those names are and is willing to go off and find said map
online.  And grittling is not intrinsically exclusionist; Hildy was the one
who made it so.  So yes, I think the comparison is apt--if a little tongue
in cheek.  Stop taking things so seriously.

My game of choice back in high school was Fizzbin.  But you need a deck of
cards and a lot of clueless patsys to really make that one work.  (And that
*is* a game where you want the onlookers completely stumped.)

Melissa Proffitt