extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Aug 1 18:10:24 EDT 2003

Ven wrote:

>>Mornington Crescent?  Bah! Its just like
>>Grittling and you are all a bunch of Hildys!

and Melissa added

>Amen!  And more Bah!

Since it is quite literally a game *anyone* can play (if they can read and
write, or speak, which anybody on this list surely can?) I don't think one
can really equate Mornington Crescent with the esoteric and exclusionist
grittling.

Despite what Charlie appears to think, Mornington Crescent is one of the
simplest of games.  All you need is a London tube map (optional) and a
sense of fun.

If *Three Men In A Boat* and *1066 And All That* appeal to you, then you
might enjoy it; possibly even *Diary of a Nobody* or Stephen Potter.  But
if none of these raises a smile, then Mornington Crescent probably isn't
for you, I'd agree.

Minnow