DWJ resurgence

Elizabeth Crowe lizcrowe at juno.com
Fri Aug 1 15:44:26 EDT 2003

Does anyone know about the whys and wherefores of the new editions of
DWJ's books?  I've heard they are being redone because the publishers are
trying to ride on Harry's coattails.  It seems to me that Jones's common
theme of children left to their own devices is even more applicable to
today's children than it was when the books were originally published.

I wonder how they are being received today compared to when they were
first brought out.  I've been reading some old reviews of the original
editions, but haven't seen any about the recent ones.  Are they being
reviewed?  How are they selling?  They seem to be pretty popular with the
children at our local library.

Elizabeth