Silly placenames (Re: Silly censorship)

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Wed Apr 30 21:51:15 EDT 2003

>Minnow Said:

>In Cornwall there is a place simply called "Cocks", and I'll bet the
>residents'd have trouble sending email with some programs.  :-)
I go to Oberlin College and our two main administration buildings are
Peters and Cox (pronounced "Cocks").  You can pick out the new
students because they're the ones not yet used to referring to the
administration as "Cox" and still use "the building next to King"
-RDG
--
Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for