Antonia Forest

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:32:24 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Hurrah!  Hurrah!  Hurrah!  Thank you for telling us this!  Mind, I shall
> now spit a few tintacks about "why didn't I find this out before I
> *finally* after eighteen years managed to run *Falconer's Lure* to earth at
> a rather steep price?",

	I know, that aspect is rather sad isn't it? I have a much too
pricy paperback of the Thuggery Affair I now rue purchasing, but still,
one of Girls Gone By's stated aims is to attempt to keep these stories
circulating complete & unabridged at affordable prices not just for
existing fans but also for new fans so I suppose we just have to grin &
bear it. :-) :-) :-)

> Are they going to do *The Player's Boy* and *The Players and the Rebels*
> too?  I can't get access to things that say "click here" in websites,
> because I don't do web, I fetch text-only via a mailbot, so I can't see the
> titles they are planning.

	I'm not 100% certain, but I do think they are planning a complete
reprint, including the Player's books, because the new foreword that
Antonia Forest has written discusses the genesis of all her books,
including those two. But right now they have Falconer's Lure for sale and
Run Away Home is coming mid-2003. They've really stepped up the
publication schedule lately & they have a lot of books coming out soon,
mainly by Elinor M Brent-Dyer, Dorita Fairlie Bruce, Lorna Hill, etc and
so hopefully they will announce more Forest reprints for the autumn/winter
printings!

	If you can't get to the website for the order form, you can email
Ann & Clarissa (who are GGBP) at: annandclarissa at rockterrace.demon.co.uk
And there are special arrangements for people who want to buy books in
Canada, the USA, Australia & New Zealand who can I believe pay in their
own currencies, these arrangements are detailed at the website. The really
popular books tend to sell out very fast, in fact I think Falconer's Lure
sold out so fast they've done a second printing already, but they don't
normally do second printings so it is as well to order early.

	I think the complete list of things they have in stock now is:

Janie of La Rochelle by Elinor M Brent-Dyer

Falconer's Lure by Antonia Forest

The Girls of St Bride's by Dorita Fairlie Bruce

The Secret by Lorna Hill

The Chalet School In Exile (unabridged version)  by Elinor M Brent-Dyer

	Books Coming Soon Are:

A Coronet for Cathie by Gwendoline Courtney

Run Away Home by Antonia Forest

Pony Thieves by Julia Cotter

Marjorie and Co by Lorna Hill

That Boarding School Girl by Dorita Fairlie Bruce

Nancy at St Bride's by Dorita Fairlie Bruce

The Chalet School and Robin by Caroline German

Monica Turns Up Trumps by Elinor M Brent-Dyer

The World of Elsie Jeanette Oxenham and her Books
by Monica Godfrey  (This is a hardback & costs 14 pounds)

	Anna